Digital World is designed to be used by as many people as possible. The text should be clear and simple to understand. You should be able to:
- Zoom in up to 300% without problems
- Navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- Navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
- Use most of the website using a screen reader (including the most recent versions of JAWS, NVDA and VoiceOver)
- All videos hosted on the site have been transcribed and subtitles and are available within the video player by pressing the CC button
This site is designed to work with most browsers. To see our site at its best, we recommend you use the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox or Edge.
There’s support available to make your computer, mobile phone and tablet easier to use – this includes zooming, changing contrast and text and much more:
We do most of our testing using Chrome Vox, Voiceover JAWS and NVDA. These are the screen readers we recommend that you use.
We are committed to supporting our BSL users.
Contact us to arrange a video call with one of our careers advisors.
Or, you can use Contact Scotland to make BSL phone calls.
how to request content in an accessible format
If you need information in a different format contact us and tell us:
- The web address (URL) of the content
- Your name and email address
- The format you need, for example, audio CD, braille, BSL or large print, accessible PDF
This website is partially compliant and we are continually striving to achieve the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard.
how we test our website
Our websites are audited annually for compliance with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines V2.1 level A and level AA, and these tests have been carried out internally.
We conduct extensive in-house testing when developing new tools and content including JAWS, NVDA, Chrome Vox.
We continually prioritise changes required to improve the accessibility of our websites.
what we're doing to improve accessibility
We aim to identify and fix issues to make Digital World level AA compliant. The issues to fix are:
- ARIA issues
- ID attribute value must be unique
- Images must have alternate text
- Links must have discernible text
- Elements must have sufficient colour contrast
This statement was prepared on 15th July 2020.
It was updated on 14th September 2020.
The next review date will be 1st February 2021.
- All new developments to adhere to the WCAG 2.1 AA compliance
- Existing accessibility issues to be fixed as part of developments occurring on specific parts of the website – eg. Contrast issues
reporting accessibility problems with this website
If you find any problems that are not listed on this page or you think we’re not meeting the accessibility requirements, contact us.
If you contact us with a complaint and you’re not happy with our response contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the ‘accessibility regulations’).
technical information about this website's accessibility
SDS is committed to making our websites accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.